Garcinia cambogia supplements are made from extracts of the fruit’s peel. The peel of the fruit contains high amounts of hydroxycitric acid (HCA), an active substance that has been shown to have some weight loss properties ( 3, 4, 5 ). The supplements generally contain 20–60% HCA.
- 1 What are the side effects of taking Garcinia?
- 2 Does hydroxycitric acid help with weight loss?
- 3 Does Garcinia cambogia affect blood pressure?
- 4 How does Garcinia cambogia affect serotonin levels?
- 5 How much weight can you lose with Garcinia?
- 6 What is the best way to lose belly fat?
- 7 How can I drop 20 pounds fast?
- 8 What does HCA in Garcinia cambogia mean?
- 9 What is Garcinia used for?
- 10 Does Garcinia affect your heart?
- 11 Can Garcinia cause liver damage?
- 12 How many Garcinia pills should I take a day?
- 13 What can I take to curb my appetite?
- 14 What does serotonin do to the body?
What are the side effects of taking Garcinia?
Common Side effects of Garcinia include:
- Upset stomach.
- Dry mouth.
Does hydroxycitric acid help with weight loss?
Hydroxycitric acid might improve weight loss by preventing fat storage and controlling appetite. It might improve exercise performance by limiting the use of stored energy in the muscles, which seems to prevent fatigue.
Does Garcinia cambogia affect blood pressure?
On the positive side, unlike stimulants such as phentermine, GC does not act on the central nervous system, so does not cause sleeplessness, anxiety, affect the heart or blood pressure, and its efficiency does not decrease with time.
How does Garcinia cambogia affect serotonin levels?
Garcinia cambogia contains a substance called hydroxycitric acid (HCA). HCA has been shown to increase levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that influences mood, sexual desire, social behavior, and appetite. Low serotonin levels are linked to depression and anxiety. As your serotonin levels rise, your mood improves.
How much weight can you lose with Garcinia?
On average, garcinia cambogia has been shown to cause weight loss of about 2 pounds (0.88 kg) more than a placebo, over a period of 2–12 weeks ( 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ).
What is the best way to lose belly fat?
19 Effective Tips to Lose Belly Fat (Backed by Science)
- Eat plenty of soluble fiber.
- Avoid foods that contain trans fats.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol.
- Eat a high protein diet.
- Reduce your stress levels.
- Don’t eat a lot of sugary foods.
- Do aerobic exercise (cardio)
- Cut back on carbs — especially refined carbs.
How can I drop 20 pounds fast?
Here are 10 of the best ways to quickly and safely drop 20 pounds.
- Count Calories.
- Drink More Water.
- Increase Your Protein Intake.
- Cut Your Carb Consumption.
- Start Lifting Weights.
- Eat More Fiber.
- Set a Sleep Schedule.
- Stay Accountable.
What does HCA in Garcinia cambogia mean?
(-)- Hydroxycitric acid (HCA) is an active ingredient extracted from the rind of the Indian fruit Garcinia cambogia. It inhibits adenosine triphosphate citrate lyase and has been used in the treatment of obesity.
What is Garcinia used for?
A number of health claims are made about garcinia cambogia extract. Among the conditions people use it for are diabetes, cancer, ulcers, diarrhea, and constipation. 10. Its biggest claim to fame is that extract supplements can help speed up weight loss, reduce appetite, and boost exercise endurance.
Does Garcinia affect your heart?
Garcinia might increase a brain chemical called serotonin. Pentazocine (Talwin) also increases serotonin. In theory, taking Garcinia along with pentazocine (Talwin) might increase serotonin too much. This could cause serious side effects including heart problems, shivering, and anxiety.
Can Garcinia cause liver damage?
Weight loss products labeled as containing Garcinia cambogia been linked to the development of clinically apparent acute liver injury which can be severe and even fatal.
How many Garcinia pills should I take a day?
Recommended Dosage Most garcinia cambogia supplements suggest taking one 500-mg pill three times a day before a meal. However, up to 2,800 mg a day appears to be safe for most healthy people ( 23, 26 ).
What can I take to curb my appetite?
A person can use the following ten evidence-based methods to suppress their appetite and avoid overeating:
- Eat more protein and healthful fats.
- Drink water before every meal.
- Eat more high-fiber foods.
- Exercise before a meal.
- Drink Yerba Maté tea.
- Switch to dark chocolate.
- Eat some ginger.
- Eat bulky, low-calorie foods.
What does serotonin do to the body?
Serotonin is the key hormone that stabilizes our mood, feelings of well-being, and happiness. This hormone impacts your entire body. It enables brain cells and other nervous system cells to communicate with each other. Serotonin also helps with sleeping, eating, and digestion.